Attention all middle and high school students with a love for biomedical science!
We are thrilled to announce our annual science essay competition, open to students of all levels from anywhere in the world.
This year's competition theme is "Innovations in Biomedical Science: From Theory to Practice."
We invite participants to explore the latest scientific innovations and advancements in biomedical science and discuss how these ideas have been implemented to solve real-world problems.
Essays should focus on Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, and Medicine, and be original, well-researched, and no more than 1500 words in length.
To enter the competition, simply submit your essay by email to the address provided on our website or firstname.lastname@example.org, along with below information:
- Your full name.
- The name of your school and the year.
- Contact details (Your email address, your phone number, parents/or guidance’s email and phone number).
The deadline for submission is September 15, 2023.
Our panel of esteemed judges, consisting of experts in biomedical science from prestigious Universities with PhD, MD, or equivalent degrees, will evaluate all entries based on originality, clarity, and scientific merit.
The winners will be announced on our website and social media channels on October 15, 2023. The top essay from each grade level will be published on our website.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation, recognizing their hard work and dedication to science. In addition to the prizes and the certificates, all participants will receive feedback and comments. Receiving expert feedback is crucial to honing one's writing and scientific skills, which is why we are proud to offer each participant in our competition valuable critiques to help them grow and improve. You will gain invaluable insights from experts in the field, empowering you to take your writing and scientific abilities to new heights.
Evaluation criteria is as below:
1. Originality: Does it offer new and innovative perspectives or ideas on scientific topics? (Essay should not simply restate existing information.)
2. Clarity: Essays should be well-structured and easy to follow, with clear and concise language that effectively conveys the author's message.
3. Scientific accuracy: Essays should be scientifically accurate and supported by evidence from credible sources.
4. Relevance: Judges will assess the essays' relevance to the theme or topic of the competition, and how well they address the specified research question or objective.
5. Creativity: Essays that demonstrate creativity and ingenuity, such as through the use of analogies, metaphors, or innovative approaches to data analysis or interpretation, may be given higher marks.
6. Writing style: Judges will evaluate essays based on the quality of writing, including grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
7. Significance: Judges will consider the overall significance and impact of the research presented in the essay, and whether it has the potential to advance scientific knowledge or benefit society in some way.
Don't miss this opportunity to showcase your passion for biomedical science. We look forward to reading your entries!